General Manager | Chief Security Officer
Tim Roemer is the Chief Security Officer of Global Market Innovators (GMI), the largest woman and minority-owned technology company headquartered in Arizona. Roemer was born and raised in Arizona, attended Horizon High School and graduated from Arizona State University. He previously served on the Arizona-Mexico Commission Security Committee and on the Arizona Human Trafficking Council.
Before joining GMI, Roemer was appointed as the Director of the Arizona Department of Homeland Security in 2021 and served as the State’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), managing cybersecurity for the State of Arizona. Roemer was the only person in the country to serve both as the Director of Homeland Security and CISO.
Roemer’s main areas of expertise are national security, homeland security, and public safety. Over the span of his career in cybersecurity, Roemer succeeded in the following:
- advising the Governor on an array of topics including cybersecurity, border security, and counterterrorism
- leading the State’s cybersecurity team and setting cybersecurity strategy
- defending the State against evolving cyber-attacks
- securing more than $600M of new state funding from the Arizona legislature to improve border security and cybersecurity.
- serving 10 years in the CIA
- briefing the President, Vice President, and National Security Council on a wide range of national security issues for two years in the White House Situation Room
Roemer is available as a subject matter expert on all matters pertaining to cybersecurity and is available for television appearances, interviews, or in print news articles. He can be contacted for SME requests by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 480-931-1727